In this document, "Plick", "we" "us" and "our" refer to Plick AB located at Klostergatan 10, 75321 Uppsala, Sweden.
When use our service, including but not limited to www.plick.se, or our you accept the processing of your personal data (the "Policy") as described in this Policy.
We recommend that you print and keep this Policy.
When you create a profile on Plick we collect the following master data about you (the "Master Data"):
- Your username
- Your password
- Your email address
You can choose to add further information to your profile, such as your photo and location. This information is also regarded as Master Data.
We display your username and other information you add to your profile when using our service. Therefore, please be aware that depending on the information you provide, you may or may not be anonymous.
When you post a listing on Plick, we also collect the information you include in your listing, such as:
- The brand of the listing
- The size of the item listed
- The category of your listing
- Your description of the listing
- The date of your listing
- The gender stated on the listing
- The location of your listing
As part of our services, we offer you the option of connecting your Plick profile with your profile on Facebook. We automatically collect selected information about you from Facebook when you use this option. The information we collect depends on what information you have made available on Facebook and your privacy settings for sharing such information. We may collect the following:
- Name and/or username
- Email address
- Profile photo
- Your social connections
When you make a request to connect your Plick profile with Facebook, you will be informed about which information we will collect. You will receive this information before your request is carried out.
Read more about which cookies the Plick uses and for which purposes below (section 7).
When you visit the Plick, we register your IP address and browser settings. The IP address is the numerical address of the device used to visit a webased service or website. Browser settings can include the type of browser you use, browser language, and time zone. We collect this information so that we can trace the device used in cases of misuse or unlawful actions in connection with visits to or use of Plick. Further, we use the IP address to approximate your location (at city level).
We collect the information you provide us with when you sign up to receive our newsletters, such as your name and email address. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters, you can unsubscribe from the footer within the Newsletter.
We may use the information you provide to us to:
- Provide our services to you, including displaying your listings, and providing you with access to our service.
- Identify you as a registered user when you log in to the Service.
- Verify the legitimacy of listings.
- Improve our services.
- Respond to your questions and provide related customer service.
- Contact you if your listing is flagged by other users or companies and, if necessary, ask you to provide documentation to verify your listing.
- Send you our newsletters.
- Inform you when other users are interested in buying from you.
- Facilitate our social sharing function, including giving you the option to connect members of your network who are both users of Plick and users of Facebook.
- Engage in various internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products and services, improving or modifying the service, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and legal process, requests from public and governmental authorities, relevant industry standards and our internal policies.
- Enforce our Terms & Conditions.
- Protect our operations.
- Display which members of your Social Network on Facebook are users of plick in order to increase the trust in listings and reviews, and to create a better user experience on our Service.
- We may also use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection. We may use or disclose information that is not personal information for any purpose to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Your acceptance of this Policy also implies consent to disclose information about you on Plick. This includes your username, which may reveal your identity in full or in part - unless you have chosen to use a pseudonym.
We recommend that you exercise care in deciding which information to make available for disclosing on Plick, and be aware that depending on the level of information provided, you may or may not be anonymous.
When you post a listing on Plick and create a profile, your username will be visible to other users of on Plick.
Other information provided by you on Plick, including reviews and comments, is automatically made visible on Plick. The users you review will also receive information about your review.
When you make a contribution to Plick, we use your IP address (see section 1.4 of this Policy) to approximate your location to the nearest city. This is made available to other users of the Service.
If you connect to Facebook, information such as your profile photo, your name, and approximate location will be collected from your Facebook profile and used to identify you on Plick. Subject to privacy settings and the level of information available from Facebook, users of Plick may be able to use this information to identify which items you have listed.
If you have chosen to preserve anonymity by using a pseudonym for your Plick username, be aware that information from Facebook may reveal your identity in part or in full and make it possible to identify which items you have listed.
If your contacts or your contact's contacts (jointly referred to as "Connections") on Facebook have also connected with Plick, we may display on Plick how you are connected to these Connections through Facebook.
One of Plick's main goals is to increase the exposure and availability of listings on Plick. We therefore permit other services to show listing created on Plick. This increases the potential audience for your listings.
The categories of third party services and companies to which the information is disclosed are:
- Search engines, including Google and Bing.
- Consumer portals and business portals, including price comparison websites, shopping guides etc.
- Other similar websites where, in Plick's assessment, it will be relevant for users to search for second hand listings.
Once you submit your listing, it is published on Plick. This means that the following information is disclosed:
- Your listing(s), (see section 1.2),
- Your username and, if uploaded, a profile photo and Your location (approximated to the closest city).
In addition to the above, we may disclose your personal information to the following parties and in the following circumstances:
- To allow third party vendors, consultants and other service providers to perform services on our behalf.
- To Plick subsidiaries and other companies within the plick group of companies.
- To comply with laws or to respond to claims, legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas and court orders) and requests from public and government authorities.
- To third parties in connection with enforcement of our Terms & Conditions.
- To third parties in order for us to protect our operations.
- To third parties in order for us to pursue available remedies, or limit damages that we may sustain.
- To third parties in order for us to investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected or actual prohibited activities, including but not limited to fraud and misuse of Plick.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganisation, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We are the data controller of the Master Data you enter in connection with your creation of a profile, which includes but is not limited to your name, password and email address, as well as the registration of your IP address.
We are also the data controller of the information which is disclosed to other services (see section 2.3). Swedish data protection laws govern collection of data by Plick.
You are the data controller for the content you choose to disclose on Plick, and for the data disclosed when you connect your Facebook profile(s) with your profile on Plick.
Our service contains links to other websites. Our inclusion of such links does not imply our endorsement of those websites. We do not control the content of those third party websites, and assume no responsibility for the third party or their policies or practices.
We encourage you to review privacy policies for these third party websites because their procedures for collecting, handling and processing personal data may be different from ours.
We use external companies for maintaining the technical operation of the Service. These companies are data processors for the personal data for which we are the data controller. By accepting this Policy, you agree that we may also allow the data for which you are the data controller to be processed by the same data processors.
The data processors must act solely in accordance with instructions from us. By accepting the Policy, you authorise us to give such instructions to the data processors to process data in accordance with the Policy and for the purpose of using the Service.
The data processors have taken reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect against the information being accidentally or illegally destroyed, lost or deteriorated, and to protect against the information being disclosed to unauthorised persons, being misused, or in other ways being processed in violation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). On your request - and possibly in return for possible remuneration at the data processors' applicable hourly rates at any time for such work - the data processors must supply you with sufficient information to demonstrate that the above-mentioned technical and organisational safety measures have been taken.
We seek to use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect your personal information within our organisation and we regularly audit our system for vulnerabilities. However, since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of information you transmit to Plick.
Cookies are small pieces of information that the Service places on your computer's hard drive, on your tablet or on your smartphone. Cookies contain information that the Service uses to make the communication between you and your browser more efficient. Cookies identify your computer rather than you as an individual user.
We use session cookies and persistent cookies, and technologies similar to session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary snippets of information that are deleted when you exit your web browser. Persistent cookies are more permanent snippets of information that are stored and remain on your computer until they are deleted. Persistent cookies delete themselves after a certain period of time but are renewed each time you visit the Service.
We use technologies similar to session cookies and persistent cookies for storing and accessing information in the browser or device which utilises local units and local storage, such as HTML5 cookies, Flash and other methods. These technologies can operate across all of your browsers. In some cases, the use of these technologies cannot be controlled by the browser, but requires special tools. We use these technologies to store information to ensure the quality of listings and to spot irregularities in the use of the Service.
- Measuring Website traffic such as the number of visits, which domains the visitors come from, which pages the visitors visit on the Service and in which overall geographical areas the visitors are located.
Monitoring the performance of the Service and your use of our Service.
- Monitoring the performance of the Service, our applications and widgets and how you use our Service.
Authentication and improving the functionality of our Service.
- Optimising your experience with the Service, which includes remembering your username and password when you return to Plick, and remembering information about your browser and preferences (e.g. which language you prefer).
Connecting you to Facebook
- We give you the option of connecting with Social Networks, such as Facebook.
- Ensuring the quality of listings and to prevent misuse or irregularities in connection with posting listings and using the Service.
- Targeted advertisements
- Facebook (set by Facebook only if you interact with the Facebook plugin or are already logged into Facebook when you use our Service): For the purpose of connecting and integrating with Facebook.
- Google AdSense: For the purpose of displaying relevant advertisements, see above.
If you want to delete the cookies already on your equipment, you can. If you use a PC and a recent browser, press CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE simultaneously. If the shortcuts do not work on your browser, please visit the support page for the browser in question. Please note, however, that if you do not accept cookies from our Service, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Service, and you may be prevented from accessing all of its features.
Upon your request, we will inform you of the purpose for which we process your personal data; what personal information we have about you; who receives your personal information and from where the personal information originates.
Requests regarding the above will only be processed if more than six (6) months have elapsed since any previous request made by you, unless you can substantiate a special interest in obtaining the information earlier.
Please let us know if any of the personal information that we, as the data controller, process about you is incorrect or misleading and we will correct it. You will be able to correct most of this information yourself on Plick. If possible, we recommend that you make the correction(s) yourself.
You may at any time correct or delete any content and personal information on the Service for which you are the data controller (see section 3.2). If your personal information changes, or if you no longer wish to appear on the Service, you may update the information by logging in to your user profile and email firstname.lastname@example.org to delete your profile.
When your profile is deleted, all the data associated with your user profile is deleted, including your Master Data and listings on the Service.
We reserve the right to block access to your profile and/or delete your profile if the profile or the content associated with your profile or your listing(s) on the Service is, in our assessment, discriminating, racist, sexually oriented, unethical, threatening, offensive, harassing or otherwise violates applicable laws, third party rights, the User Guidelines or is inconsistent with the purpose of the Service. If we block access to or delete your user profile, we will inform you of the reason for blocking or deleting your profile by sending an email to the address you provided when you created your account.
We may change this Policy at any time. The date shown at the start of this Policy indicates when it was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Policy on the Service. You agree that your continued use of the Service after any posted modifications constitutes your acceptance of the new version of the Policy.
If you have questions or concerns about our Policy, how we process your personal information, or would like us to correct your personal information, please contact us at: Plick AB, Klostergatan 10, 753 21 Uppsala, Sweden, Orgnr.: 556921-1344, email: email@example.com.